Following May 2021’s election when all 7 members were returned uncontested, the next scheduled Parish Election will be May 2025. All Gurnard’s Parish Councillors will be obliged to stand down then, though they do remain in office for 4 days after the election. The criteria that must be met by candidates is:
- 18 years of age or over
- British subject or Commonwealth citizen, or citizen of the Irish Republic or a subject of a Member State of the European Community
- Registered Local elector of the Parish of Gurnard or during the 12 month period prior to nomination has:
- Occupied land or premises as owner or tenant in the Parish or
- Resided in the Parish or within 4.8 Km thereof or
- Had his/her principal or only place of work in that area.
If you wish to know more about what it means to be a Councillor should future vacancies arise, do contact the Parish Clerk or speak to one of the existing Councillors.